Public Knowledge Sharing Activities
1. Karim D.M. Public Sector Activities Chapter title "Creating an Innovative Mobility Ecosystem for Urban Planning Areas", Book on "Disrupting Mobility: Impacts of Sharing Economy and Innovative Transportation on Cities" part of "Lecture Notes in Mobility", Edited by Gereon MeyerSusan Shaheen, pp. 21-47, Springer International Publishing AG 2017, ISBN 978-3-319-51601-1.
1. Mobility & Transport: Intelligent Transport Systems for Smart Cities: Realising seamless integrated urban mobility, Panel Speaker, Smart City Algeria - Stream D, Algiers, Jun 27-28, 2018.
3. Rethinking Mobility Planning and Redesigning Cities for Innovative Mobility System, Keynote Speaker, 1st International Urban Mobility Dialouge, Berlin, November 1-4, 2017.
5. Complete Interchanges: Urbanizing Grade Separated Facilities, Designing World Class Transportation Systems, Joint Workshop by City of Toronto and Toronto ITE, North York Civic Centre, Toronto, September 30, 2015.
6. Development and Application of Comprehensive Transportation Demand Management Model, ACT Canada Summit, City of Markham, December 2014.
1. Karim D.M. and Shallwani,T., Toward a clean train policy: diesel versus electric , the Ontario Centre for Engineering and Public Policy (OCEPP), Vol.2, No.3, pp. 18-22, 2010.
2. Karim D.M., Ieda H., Risk Evaluation Model for Traffic Accident at four-legged Signalized Intersections, Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, EASTS, Vol.4, No.5, pp.343-358, 2001. (Conference presentation on 24-26 October, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2001).
3. Alam, M.J.B., Karim, D.M. and Hoque, A.M.(2001), Macroscopic Model for Planning and Management of Domestic Air Transportation in Bangladesh, Journal of Civil Engineering Division, Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh, ISSN 0379-4318, Vol. 29, No.2. pp. 187-206.
4. Karim D.M. , M.J.B. Alam (1998) Air Travel Demand Model for Domestic Air Transportattion in Bangladesh, Journal of Civil Engineering Division, Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh, ISSN 0379-4318, Vol. CE 26, No. 1 June 1998, pp 1-13.
1. Karim D, and Bailey M., Applying Big Data to Small Projects - A Toronto Model, ITS Canada Annual Conference, Niagara Falls, Canada, Jul 20, 2018.
2. Karim D. M. and Au A., Redesigning Cities and Public Space for Innovative Mobility System, ACT Canada Sustainable Mobility Summit, Mississauga, October 30, 2017.
3. Redesigning Cities and Public Space for Innovative Mobility System, World Design Summit, UNESCO, Montreal, October 18, 2017.
5. Karim D. M., A Model to Estimate Right Angle Accidents at Signalized Intersections, Proceedings of 6th Transportation Specialty CSCE Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, June 2-4, 2005 (Presentation available in ZIP format).
6. Karim D. M., Estimation of Vehicle-to-Vehicle Accident Risk at Signalized Intersections, Proceedings of the 40th CTRF (Canadian Transportation Research Forum) Annual Conference, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, May 8-11, 2005, pp. 100-114 (Presentation available in ZIP format). In PDF.
7. Karim D. M., Hitoshi IEDA, Shintaro Terabe., Modeling Angle Accident Risks at Four-legged Signalized Intersections and Its GIS Application, Proceedings of Infrastructure Planning, JSCE, No.24, CD-ROM, 2001.11, (Japanese).
8. Hitoshi Ieda, Kiyoshi Takahashi, Shintaro Terabe, Ryuichi Shibasaki, Karim D. M., Risk Evaluation Model for Traffic Accident at Four-Legged Signalized Intersections, 37th Symposium for Infrastructure Planning, JSCE, Tsukuba, 2001, (Japanese).
9. Karim D.M., H. Ieda and M.J.B. Alam (2000) Macroscopic Modeling for the Regional Air Travel Demand to Analyze the Potential of Hub-Spoke Air Transport System in South Asia, 9th World Conference on Transport Research, WCTR, Seoul, South Korea, 22-27 July, 2001.
10. D.M. Karim, M.J.B. Alam, and M.M. Houqe (1999) Potential of Privatization of Domestic Air Transportation in Bangladesh, Procedinds of Civil and Environmental Engineering Conference, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), 8-12 November, 1999.
11. D.M. Karim, M.J.B. Alam (1999) A Demand and Cost Analysis of Civil Aviation in Bangladesh, Procedinds of the 26th, JSCE (Japan Society of Civil Engineering), 16-17th March, 1999.
1. Karim D. M, and Bhagwant Persaud B., Estimating Risk of Side-Impact Crashes at Signalized Intersections, AUTO21 2005 Scientific Conference - June 20 - 22, 2005, Sheraton Centre Toronto, Toronto Ontario, Poster Presentation at Showcase of Innovation.